Quick Orange Chicken Breasts
photo by HisPixie
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Carefully slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise so that you have two thin slices (this helps it cook faster).
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in large nonstick frying pan.
- Add chicken.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, until light golden.
- Remove chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add broth, orange juice, garlic, Italian herbs and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 minute or until liquid has reduced a bit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to frying pan.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
- Good served with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We are on a lower fat, healthier, eat at home diet and I decided to make this tonight. It was fabulous! I lowered the fat even more by spraying butter flavored Pam and sauteing the chicken and I also used fat free chicken broth. I left out the sugar like Moxie did and also used Fresh basil as fresh herbs pack alot of flavor and you wont miss the fat as much. This was wonderful! DH didn't know he was eating fat free! I served it with over steamed rice with the sauce poured over it and steamed green beans. Thanks for a great lowfat recipe!
This was SO good! My pickiest son went back for seconds. That never happens! I love the ease of preparation. I was worried that the garlic flavour would be too strong but it was perfect. And the orange flavour isn't too strong either. There is a perfect balance of flavours here. Thank you so much for this. This is going into regular rotation now!