Donna Matthews's Note:
Flakey and light scones with a subtle orange flavor ... from my friend Janette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add the butter and cut in until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. (I prefer to freeze my butter and grate it into the dry ingredients).
- 5Add the orange rind and raisins.
- 6Ggradually stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- 7Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of about ¾ inch.
- 8Stamp out circles of dough with a plain cookie cutter.
- 9Place the dough circles on the prepared baking dish and brush the top with milk.
- 10bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- 11Serve hot or warm with butter or whipped cream, and jam or honey.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange and Raisin Scones
Serving Size: 1 (712 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 237.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g