Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Opryland Hotel, on the banks of the Cumberland River, minutes from the General Jackson Showboat, Music City Queen and the legendary sounds of the Grand Ole Opry, is situated on nine acres of gorgeous indoor gardens, cascading waterfalls and an indoor river with its own Delta flatboat. Try this as a dip for raw vegetables.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- salt, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- Broil bell pepper, turning often, until skin has blackened.
- Place in a small bowl and cover tightly with plastic cling wrap.
- Cool; peel pepper and cut in half.
- Discard seeds and membranes.
- Dice pepper and put to the side.
- Whirl next five ingredients in a food processor until smooth; season with salt and Tabasco.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add pepper and chives.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was very good. It has a lot more kick to it than I thought it would, but I do use a fair amount of Tobasco. I used 1-8 oz. package of cream cheese and green onions. I used this as a veggie dip and I will make it again.