Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Dip
photo by Enjolinfam
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (juice from one lemon)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the garlic on aluminum foil, coat with the olive oil and wrap tightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and place garlic in a blender.
- Add the roasted red peppers and lemon juice and puree.
- Add the cumin, cilantro, cream cheese, sour cream and blend until well mixed.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dip was Delicious Vera! I had some cream cheese that needed to be used and this turned out to be the perfect recipe to use it with! I refrigerated it overnight and forgot about the olives or I would've tried that too. My family enjoyed it with frito chips and later with carrot sticks! :D Made for ZWT4. Go Jefes! UPDATE: Tried today with the kalamata olives and it was delicious!
Followed your recipe right on down & DID add the finely chopped Kalamata olives at the end! Served this up with some regular tortilla chips but also with the corn chip scoops as well as with some yam chips ~ Very nice tasting, no matter how it's served! [Made & reviewed while touring Greece on Zaar's World Tour 4]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to grocery shop; prepare food; come up with new recipes; feed family and friends. I have won numerous cooking contests that I am very proud of.