Recipe by BananaSmurf
Found this recipe and it quickly became one of my personal favorites! Its quick and easy and tastes so good! (You can cook the steak a little longer if you don't like it still mooing.) Found the origianl recipe here: http://www.rachaelraymag.com
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) boneless beef top round steaks (London broil, )
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence (e.g. Italian Seasoning)
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb frozen french fries
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can canned beef broth
- 4 slices Texas toast thick bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the steak with 1 teaspoon Seasoning and salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate, reserving the skillet.
- Bake the french fries according to package directions.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and golden, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Push the onion to one side of the skillet and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter on the other side. Whisk the flour into the butter and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes. Whisk the beef broth into the flour mixture, incorporating the onions, and bring to a boil, whisking frequently, until the gravy has thickened. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Pour any juices from the plate into the gravy and stir to combine. Arrange 2 slices of toast on each of 4 plates. Mound with french fries and steak slices and smother with the gravy.