Recipe by Roosie
I was astounded to see there was only vegan banana bread recipe on 'Zaar! Here's one more. ;) From theppk.com
Top Review by kelli703
Delicious! This recipe is so forgiving and versatile! I've made it at least 6 times now, always decreasing the white and brown sugars to 1/2 cup each due to other reviews. Today I made it substituting vegan mayonnaise & water for the soy milk & vinegar because I didn't have the soy milk. Almond and rice milk work just as well, BTW. Also used 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup vegan margarine today to see how the coconut oil would work. It's been delicious every time, and tonight was no different! My milk & egg allergic son loves this recipe!!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 very ripe bananas, smooshy-fied
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 8x4 bread pan with cooking spray or lightly oil.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices together.
- Cream the margarine and sugars.
- Add bananas, soy milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Mix til combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.