Prep 25 mins
Cook 43 mins
Onion lovers will love this tart! With its quiche-like filling, this is excellent for a bruch or buffet. Cook time includes baking the crust.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender; cool.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, feta cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth.
- Gradually add cream and milk; process until blended.
- Brush the inside of crust with mustard.
- Sprinkle the green onions, chives and sauteed onions over crust.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over onions.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.