Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
MMMmm...another onion recipe. Serve on hamburgers or steak sandwiches.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil and place over medium heat until pan is hot.
- Add sugar; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes or until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- (Caramelized sugar will harden and stick to spoon, but will melt again.) Cook 20 minutes or until onion is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add orange juice and bourbon; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.