Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple and satisfying! This cheesy bread pairs well with soup or salad, and reheats well.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a round cake pan.
- In 2 tablespoons butter, saute the onion until just soft.
- In bowl, combine egg, milk, and biscuit mix. Add sauteed onion, the parsley, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spread into pan. Top with remaining cheese, and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This was quick, easy and tastey. We enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this one. Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.
This was easy and tasty! The onion added a nice flavour but wasn't overwhelming at all. It looked terrific and was perfectly cooked at 20 minutes. It was pretty crumbly though and we had to eat it with forks. Made for 1,2,3 Tag. Thanks!
Just wonderful! I am going to make this one a lot. It's so simple and so delicious! My family just loved it. Thanks for sharing.