Onion Cheese Bread (Bread Making Machine)
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
1 l 1/2 lb loaf
- 1 cup water (80 degrees f)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast (I use a 1/4oz envelope)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used parmesan)
- add first 5 ingredients into the bread maker in order.
- Use a spoon to level out the flour, then sprinle yeast on top of flour.
- Set machine to Basic setting.
- When the "add in" beeper beeps, add in cheese.
- Let it bake and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you twissis for having this recipe in your favorites cookbook and to Bethany Taylor for posting! Very nice bread, good texture, wonderful flavor. I wanted to keep the flavor of the cheese light so I used 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar. I also cant wait to make toast in the morning with this bread. Served with Recipe #194992 by talldoc and enjoyed a great meal. Made and reviewed for the Cookbook Forums 2008 Favorite Recipe Swap.
This made a very tasty loaf of bread with a great texture. I made the recipe as written, but had to add another 3 tablespoons of water as I thought the dough was a bit dry after the initial kneading. Made the dough in the bread machine and then baked it in the oven. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!