Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo for ZWT8 India
Top Review by **Jubes**
Loved these Bhajis. Easy to make and and a good blend of spices included. Served with raita for a delicious started to an Indian meal. Reviewed for Zwt8 tour of India. Photo also to be posted. These are gluten-free provided the spices used a gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups chickpea flour (see note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, turmeric, cumin, coriander, parsley and water. Season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend. Preheat the fryer to high heat.
- Preheat the oven to 75 °C (170 °F).
- With two teaspoons, place 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of batter and fry in the hot oil, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towel and keep warm in the oven. Fry the remaining fritters. Serve warm as a starter.
- Tips: You can find chickpea flour in health food stores and some supermarkets.