Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Everyone in your family will love this dish. It requires very little effort, and the whole meal, including the noodles are cooked in one pot.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
This was so bland that my family begged me to never make it again. To them, it was like a version of Hamburger Helper, but with more vegies. I'm sorry, but this recipe wasn't for us.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 cups egg noodles
- 1 (4 cup) package frozen mixed vegetables, chunky
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook beef and onion for 5 minutes, drain fat, add garlic basil and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with flour; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk, water and mustard; cook, stirring, until sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir in noodles and return to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in frozen veggies; cover and simmer, stirring often, for 5 minute or until noodles and veggies are tender.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.