Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The flavor of these pork chops (from Cooking Light) is delightful!
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup whiskey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; saute 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Remove pork from pan.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; saute for 3 minutes.
- Carefully add whiskey to pan; cook for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Return pork to pan; spoon sauce over pork.
- Wrap handle of skillet with foil.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and about 1/3 cup sauce).
I love this recipe. It makes me feel like a true chef and it's easy. Great flavors.
I love the flavor of these chops! It's nice to find a sauce or gravy that you don't feel guilty about eating.
Excellent.. Made it several times and we really enjoy it. The alcohol dissapates and the flavour really is mild. amber