Brined Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 30mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ice cube
- 4 pork chops (bone-in 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl combine water and salt, stirring until salt dissolves.
- Add next 3 ingredients (sugar- vanilla), stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in ice and add pork chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and remove pork chops from brine.
- Discard brine.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (sage-garlic), rub both sides of pork chops with spice mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place flour in large plastic bag and add chops, shake well to coat chops.
- Place chops on plate before frying.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chops, cook 5-10 minutes per side, depending on degree of doneness desired and thickness of chops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were great - very very flavorful. I only had about 3-4 hours of brining time, but I poked holes in my chops to speed it up and it seemed to work. I served them with Recipe #128804, Baked Sweet Potatoes With Brown Sugar-Pecan Butter, and with some tortellini alfredo...it was a rich meal but perfect for the nasty October weather :)