Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fairly quick one pan meal. I am pretty sure that the recipe actually came off the back of a Minute Rice box years ago but the kids all liked it so it was a keeper at our house.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped onion (optional)
- (My new favorite for this recipe is the Foster Farms frozen"Chicken Tenders"- you can usually find them in the meat section at the grocery store, I cook up about 1/2 the bag for this recipe).
- Spray large frying pan with Pam cooking spray and cook chicken breasts until done.
- Cook onion with chicken if onions are desired.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Add water to soup and chicken mixture and mix until creamy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir to mix.
- Return to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally so rice does not stick to the bottom.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
- This makes 4"hefty" servings but would easily serve 6 with side dishes.
- I have mixed broccoli in to this as well for a truly"one dish meal" and it is good.
I really liked this, but picky hubby didn't...so I averaged it out and added a star for ease, as this was super simple to prepare! Thanks for posting such a simple, yummy (in my opinion...lol) recipe!
I have been making this for several years. It is a great meal without a lot of fuss.
Easy peasy prep! and Yummy! This is a nice simple recipe that is great on a day when you are too tired or busy to cook. I mixed in some frozen peas and chopped some fresh red pepper to make this a balanced, one dish meal. Thanks, I will be making again.