Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe goes together in 5 minutes and bakes in 45. Best of all it is mixed and baked in the same casserole! Enjoy this recipe from American Century Cookbook.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain rice (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix soup, water, rice, and 1/4 tsp each of paprika and pepper in ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Lay chicken on top and sprinkle with remaining paprika and pepper.
- Cover and bake until bubbly and chicken shows no signs of pink in the center--about 45 minutes.
I made this chicken last night and was very disappointed. I used Basmatti long grain brown rice, mixed it with the water and soup and placed it in the bottom of the pan with chick on top. I covered it and baked it for 45 minutes...while the chicken was more than done the rice didn't fully cook and everything was watery.Given the other high review I must have done something very wrong! I ended up cooking some more rice on the stove to add to the pan to try and salvage the meal.
I made this tasty little dish last night, and my family and I enjoyed it so much, there was none left. I did use whole chicken legs instead, and added creole seasoning as well. This is a keeper which I will be making again. Thanx for posting.
Used packaged cream of mushroom mix and a small can of pieces and stems of mushroom. My other half had to work late so I refrigerated her share and reheated it the following day both times excellent and the clean up is the best part. One dish to wash is always a plus. Thanks Bev.