One Dish Chicken Bake
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 -4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt margarine, and saute bell pepper, onion, and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, half-in-half, green chilies, and seasonings.
- Stir in bell pepper mixture, chicken and half of cheese.
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes. Spoon into greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is good; reminds me of the chicken enchilada casserole I make. I left out the bell peppers (we do not like) and used a shallot instead of the onion. Other than that made as is. Was quick to put together; I put it together and then in the fridge a couple hours before dinner, just took it out and popped int he oven. Made for 1-2-3-Hits Tag 5/2010
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>