Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From greek-recipe.com,a recipe that comes from Corfu.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 450 g ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten a little with a fork
- 1 teaspoon oregano or 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon basil
- black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the prepared tomatoes and the herbs.
- Stir a little and let them cook gently for 5-8 minutes until all the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in some seasoning and the sugar and add the seasoned beaten eggs, pouring them evenly all over the tomatoes.
- Stir gently with a fork and cook slowly for 3-4 minutes until the eggs are cooked but not too solid.
I love this flavour combination! I used fresh basil and really enjoyed this omelette with toast. Thanks!
What a lovely simple brekky, alsmost sweet tasting from the tomatoes. I used just a smidge of butter in a non-stick pan, basil as the herb and served with wholemeal toast for a satisfying breakfast. Thanks for posting!
A good simple omelette, almost sweet with the tomatoes & white sugar which was nice. I used unrefined extra virgin olive oil, plum tomatoes, the dried oregano option which I rubbed before adding to the tomatoes, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Made for Veggie Swap 31 ~ February 2011.