Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce With Fresh Tomatoes
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
- 10 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and crushed
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and olive oil in a slow cooker.
- Season with oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon.
- Cover, and cook 10 to 15 hours on Low.
- The longer you simmer it the more flavorful it becomes.
- At 10 hours it's really good, but at 15 its even better.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
After 12 hours, I was ready for this easy to make wonderment. Note that low cooking it even this long will yield you 4 servings, not 6, unless the roma tomatoes where you are at are the size of grapefruits. My first bite melted my tongue off, luckily I don't need that to type. 1 teaspoon of cayenne is way to much spice and dominates the dish.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"