Simple Corn Stuffed Tomatoes
- Ready In:
4 tomato halves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper
- mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cut tomatoes in half, then scoop out seeds so you are left with tomato "boats" -- don't scrape the meat off the sides.
- Salt the insides of the tomato boats, then set cut side down to drain on a plate or paper towels.
- In a bowl, place the corn, butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Place bowl in microwave for about two minutes, until corn is hot and butter is melted. Stir well.
- Turn tomato boats right side up, and fill with corn mixture. Top with basil and, if desired, a bit of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Serve, OR, bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes before serving.
Join The Conversation
Something I threw together when I was given some fresh tomatoes out of a neighbor's garden. Delicious! If you bake this, put the tomatoes over a muffin pan so they can drain into the muffin cups, or they'll be very watery. We prefer the corn hot but the tomato crisp and raw. This recipe can be easily made vegan by subbing margarine for butter or leaving it out altogether, and skipping the cheese.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I get almost every recipe off of Zaar unless I make it up myself, and I rate them all. I rate honestly -- if you get five stars from me, you DESERVED them because your recipe had the WOW factor! <br /><br />1-star -- Sorry, but this REALLY didn't work for us. We threw it away and went out for pizza. <br />2-star -- This was edible, but barely. We ate it but won't make it, or anything like it, again. <br />3-star -- This was okay, but not one of our favorites. I might try it again with modifications, or I might not. <br />4-star -- This was quite good. We liked it and I will probably make it again. <br />5-star -- This was EXCELLENT and we will make it again and again. It really WOW'd us! <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>