Tony's Chunky Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 28 ounces tomatoes with basil, cut up and juice reserved
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine or 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, coarsely crumble ground beef and sausage.
- Over medium heat, cook until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- In a slow cooker, place cooked meat, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, onion, wine, parsley, sugar, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours or until onion is tender.
- Serve over spaghetti with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a romaine salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.