Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Here's a pantry/freezer challenge meal that I made earlier this month. This was very much an experiment...And when I make it again, I'd use Swiss cheese. Not Feta. As part of making a little more room in the pantry and freezer, I have found myself rummaging through each every afternoon looking for something to concoct. Sometimes it's an old recipe from the site, other times it's using up the spaghetti sauce that I find. And this meal was a concoction. I found Feta in the freezer. Cooked turkey bacon in the freezer. Onions in the cupboard and a red pepper in the fridge. Throw if all together...a breakfast for dinner.
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 12 eggs, 3 eggs per omelet
- 118.29 ml milk
- oil, for the omelet pan
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 113.39 g feta cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh fruit, as a side dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the onion slice in a skillet over low heat with the olive oil and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for about 30 minutes to caramelize the onions.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk with some salt and pepper.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons oil to a small skillet or omelet pan. Cook the omelet. Add the Feta, bacon and red pepper to the middle before folding over to serve.
- Slide the omelet onto the serving plate and top with caramelized onions and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Omelets with Caramelized Onions and Bacon with a side of Fresh Fruit.