Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried it yet, but this contest winner sounds SO good. Source: Linday Olives
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) canblack pitted ripe olives, well drained and chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 3 -6 cups oil (for deep frying)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, for dipping
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in margarine for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook 1 minute more.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in olives. Cool to room temperature.
- Place one teaspoon of filling on each wonton wrapper.
- Dampen all corners of wrapper and pinch diagonal corners together to form a square, being careful to seal.
- Deep fry a few at a time for 1-2 minutes until golden, turning once.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt. Serve with salsa.
Try them they are fantastic! The only change I made was increased the butter and onions. I made some and froze the rest, I wanted to see if they would freeze well and yes they do! I am going to make more and freeze them, these are so good! thanks for sharing Sandi!...Kittencal:)