Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I haven't tried it yet, but this contest winner sounds SO good. Source: Linday Olives
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can black pitted ripe olives, well drained and chopped
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 3 -6 cups oil (for deep frying)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, for dipping
- 1In a large skillet, sauté onion in margarine for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in garlic and continue to cook 1 minute more.
- 3Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in olives. Cool to room temperature.
- 4Place one teaspoon of filling on each wonton wrapper.
- 5Dampen all corners of wrapper and pinch diagonal corners together to form a square, being careful to seal.
- 6Deep fry a few at a time for 1-2 minutes until golden, turning once.
- 7Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt. Serve with salsa.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive and Cheese Wonton Bites
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1306.5
- Calories from Fat 1151
- Total Fat 127.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 1111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: