Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditional four bean salad with a couple of extra ingredients. Inspired by my Mom who came up with this wonderful concoction. It's very yummy!
- 425.24 g can green beans (drained)
- 425.24 g can yellow wax beans (drained)
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans (drained)
- 425.24 g can straw mushrooms (or any kind of mushrooms, drained*)
- 425.24 g can pickled beets (coarsely chopped, drained)
- 1 large purple onion (chopped)
- 15 gherkins (chopped)
- 118.29 ml sugar (Or to taste. I use a 1/4 cup.)
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Drain all the liquids from all six cans.
- In a VERY large bowl, combine all the beans, mushrooms, chopped beets, chopped onion and chopped gherkins.
- In a separate container, mix the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. I use a recycled spaghetti sauce jar just for this purpose and just shake it all up.
- Pour dressing over the bean mixture and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least overnight, if you can wait. I usually can't.
- * Straw mushrooms are found in the Asian section of the grocery store.