Recipe by out of here
This is a good muffin to serve with chili. I do not remember the cookbook this came from. It was a library somewhere in rural, Georgia. Possibly, Euchee Creek Library.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously grease muffin tins.
- In a bowl, mix the beaten eggs, sour cream, melted butter, creamed corn, and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg and cream mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the cheese and chilies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins.
- Bake until the muffins spring back when touched and golden about 15 minutes.