Old-Fashioned Vanilla Pudding
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Stir and cook until bubbly; then stir and cook 2 more minutes; remove pan from heat.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs; then pour back into the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until nearly bubbly, but do not boil.
- Lower heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, for another 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Spoon into 6 individual dessert dishes; cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.