1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Potato Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Ben's Mom's Note:
A rich and creamy soup that is from a great friend of ours. We could eat this once a week during the winter months and is great reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot cook 1st four ingredients until potatoes are soft.
- 2Combine flour and butter and cook over medium-low heat until a smooth paste is formed (approx. 2 minutes) Thicken potato mixture with flour mixture.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- 4Simmer until creamy, at least 30 minutes.
- 5We enjoy a thicker soup so I double the flour and butter or add a 1/2 of the small cube of velveeta at the final step.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 1475.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g