Recipe by Ben's Mom
A rich and creamy soup that is from a great friend of ours. We could eat this once a week during the winter months and is great reheated.
Top Review by bakerbailey
Outstanding!!! I didn't have heavy cream and used half and half and just loved it. Will definitely do this again. (this time with heavy cream) :) Really appreciate your sharing this recipe. Thank you.
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- 1419.54 ml potatoes, pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot cook 1st four ingredients until potatoes are soft.
- Combine flour and butter and cook over medium-low heat until a smooth paste is formed (approx. 2 minutes) Thicken potato mixture with flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer until creamy, at least 30 minutes.
- We enjoy a thicker soup so I double the flour and butter or add a 1/2 of the small cube of velveeta at the final step.