Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Cooking with Mary and Friends
Make and share this Old Fashioned Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 10 cups red potatoes (or yukon gold potatoes, small to medium, roughly peeled and diced, do not use Russet)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons course-ground black pepper (adjust to taste)
- paprika, to dust over top
- fresh parsley leaves, to dust over top
- Bring peeled, diced potatoes to a boil in a large stock pot; cook approximately 5 minutes or until just tender (you don't want mashed potatoes). Immediately drain and rinse several times in cold water to stop the cooking process; drain and put into large mixing bowl. Add next 7 ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined; adjusting amounts of relish, mayo and mustard to suit your taste. You want it to be creamy, but not too soupy. Adjust seasonings and place potato salad in a large, covered storage container; dust top with paprika and parsely leaves if desired. Refrigerate several hours before serving.