1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Custard Pie
Growing up we had this pie every year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's simple but decadent. If you've never had Custard Pie before, it's a little bit like Creme Brulee in a pie crust. This is wonderful served chilled with REAL whipped cream. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and salt.
- 3Slowly whisk in scalded milk a little at a time to prevent cooking the egg mixture.
- 4Stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour, through a sieve, into the unbaked pie shell.
- 6Sprinkle top with ground nutmeg.
- 7Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Filling will look wobbly but will set up as it cools.
- 9Chill thoroughly and serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 249.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g