1/7 Photos of Old Fashioned Corn and Potato Chowder
This really is old fashioned! It comes from "The Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedia of Cooking and Homemaking" which was published in 1940. This wonderful book has been passed down through 4 generations of women in my family. Proof that some of the best stuff is the oldest and simplest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine, in a large pot,all ingredients except milk and flour/water.
- 2Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- 3Add milk and flour/water, stirring well.
- 4Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- 5Serve with chopped green onion and shredded cheese as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Corn and Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 384.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g