This really is old fashioned! It comes from "The Culinary Arts Institute Encyclopedia of Cooking and Homemaking" which was published in 1940. This wonderful book has been passed down through 4 generations of women in my family. Proof that some of the best stuff is the oldest and simplest.
- Combine, in a large pot,all ingredients except milk and flour/water.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add milk and flour/water, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped green onion and shredded cheese as a garnish.