Ham, Corn, and Potato Chowder
This really is wonderful!! It is my son's favorite! Every one who has tried it, loves it!
- Ready In:
- 5 -6 medium potatoes, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced (more if you like)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I usually use 2 c.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- salt and pepper (season to own taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Saute onions in the butter,
- Add ham, soup, milk, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium to low heat for 20 minutes. (if too thick, add a little more milk).
- Add cream corn and cayenne pepper. simmer on low for 20.
- You want to stir every few minutes or so throughout the process. I serve w/ crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation