Cajun Shrimp & Potato Chowder
photo by Simply Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined (26 to 30 count)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Homestyle Slices, chopped slightly
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp, onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is no longer pink. Add Simply Potatoes, broth and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until Simply Potatoes are tender.
- In small bowl stir together flour and water until smooth. Slowly add flour mixture to soup. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until mixture is thickened and heated through.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Simply Potatoes are made with real, fresh potatoes (never frozen). With ingredients like real whole milk, butter and half & half, you get rich, hearty potatoes that taste like you made them from scratch, only you didn’t. Simply Potatoes are quick and convenient, serving up homemade taste without the hassle of shredding, peeling or mashing. You’ll find a flavor for every craving, and a cooking time for every schedule, from creamy mashed potatoes, to crispy cut potatoes and classic side dishes; all ready in minutes. Try these fun, savory recipes inspired by the simple goodness of Simply Potatoes.</p>