Easy Corn & Potato Chowder
photo by BlondeChick80
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled cut into bite size pieces
- 30 -45 ounces canned cream-style corn
- 15 -30 ounces canned whole kernel corn (do not drain)
- 1 small onion (minced or finely diced)
- 3 -4 pieces bacon, cooked crispy and then broken up into bits (or more if you want)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes until tender, but not falling apart, Drain and return to 4qtpot.
- Add 2 cans of creamed corn and one entire can of whole kernel (including the water). Stir gently.
- Add 1/2 the evaporated milk. Stir again.
- Look at it, and decide if it needs more corn or milk, and add more to your liking. Once you are happy with the consistency (it should be thick), add the onion, bacon, butter & black pepper. Bring to boil and let simmer for 20 mins or so until the onions are no longer crunchy. It'll thicken some too when it cools.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up out by the Cape and moved out west when I attended college at UMass Amherst where I met my Husband. We have two wonderful boys who are great. In our region of the state local produce is varied and plentiful and I'm often looking for new and interesting ways to use the veggies. I enjoy cooking and grilling especially, although I detest cleaning up. I also like to read and listen to books and podcasts (in the car), gardening, watching butterflies and hummingbirds.