Recipe by Irishcolleen
This is a very economical dessert that is very easy to make and oh, so delicious! It was a favorite in my family. When baked, it will form a yummy custard on the top. Best when made with 1 day old left-over rice that has been refrigerated. Mmmmm! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom and sides of a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared 2 quart baking dish.
- Place baking dish in a large pan; pour water into the pan to a depth of 1-inch or until water reaches bottom of baking dish.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set.
- Cool slightly and spoon into serving dishes.