Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I like this as the basic oatmeal cookie. There are many variations, a few are below. I am going to try this with steel cut oats.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml canola oil (or another veggie oil. Butter is good, but not needed)
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml rolled oats (DO NOT use instant oats)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml nuts (pecan or walnut)
- 236.59 ml raisins (or dates or coconut)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml cinnamon (more to your liking)
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F I use silpat on my cookie sheets, if you don't use parchment paper or lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- Beat the sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla untl creamy.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. If you are using cinnamon and or nutmeg, mix it in now.
- Hand mix into the beaten mixture.
- Mix in any variation you are going to use. A total of 1-1.5 cups of add ins is all you need.
- Drop by teaspoon full on your baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Yield will increase with add ins.