Loaded Old School Oatmeal Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is adapted from an old 1950's recipe of Quaker Oats.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups salted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda.
- Fold flour mix into butter mixture and incorporate well.
- Stir in oats, raisins, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons or scoops of batter onto parchment, wax paper or silpat lined baking sheets.
- Press down on each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 to 11 for crispy.
- Remove each parchment sheet of baked cookies to cool.
- Place another piece of parchment or liner onto pan and repeat baking process until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION