Recipe by *Marli*
These Japanese fritters make a quick & delicious snack. A Japanese exchange student gave me this recipe when I was at school.
Top Review by ksilvan
Very quick and easy to make. I added some onion and a dash of ginger for a bit more flavor. I always enjoy a recipe this versatile; we were able to add leftover shrimp and bean sprouts. The bean sprouts added a very nice crispy texture that everyone really enjoyed. Many enjoyed these plain. Some of the children ate them with ketchup and mayo. The adults preferred of using a seasoned oyster sauce, mayo mixture as a topping. Though a very casual dish, all enjoyed it.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 100 g shredded cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 slice ham or 1 slice bacon, diced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, water, egg, salt & pepper.
- Add shredded ham or bacon and cabbage.
- Pour enough oil into a pan to cover base.
- When oil is heated, add all or half the mixture.
- Brown on both sides.
- Combine the barbecue sauce and mayonnaise and smear on the fritters to serve.