Recipe by jan007
This is So Good and Diet Friendly I just had to share it.
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
Wow-this is great! I made it for the appetizer cookathon and it was a big hit at my dinner party. I used a large multigrain bread round and was out or green onions. I used 1 medium onion instead finely diced. With all the other appetizers I had prepared leaving the top on the bread round for a while helped keep it warm as the others tend to cool quickly. Many thanks-will be making again soon.
- 1 large sourdough bread rounds
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 cup coarsely chopped artichoke heart
- 3 green onions, chopped (tops and bottoms)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350' degrees F.
- Coat baking tray with cooking spray.
- Cut top from bread, set top aside.
- Carefully cut out inside loaf in one piece leaving a 1" shell.
- Cut the removed bread into cubes, put on prepared tray and bake at 350' degrees F for 10 minutes until browned.
- Cream together the cream cheese, skim milk, lemon juice, wine, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and tabasco sauce until smooth.
- Stir in crab, artichokes and onion.
- Fill bread shell with mixture, replace top, wrap tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet, bake at 350' degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the dip is hot.
- Serve with toasted bread cubes and choice of crackers.