Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is dedicated those who don't have the convenience of a bread machine...
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest (do NOT add more than this)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, UNcooked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar -- Stir in uncooked oats.
- Add Egg Beaters, oil, orange juice, grated orange peel and water; mix until well blended --.
- Add raisins; you may cut the amount of raisins by half if you're not a big raisin lover or eliminate them entirely. Mix well, but do not overmix -- Pour batter into greased and floured 8½ X 4½ loaf pan --.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done.
- Turn out on rack and cool before serving.
A little to dense for my liking, I was expecting more of a muffin texture. Taste was a little strong, alhtough I accidentally added extra orange zest. I also did not chop the raisins and I felt that there were too many raisins.