This recipe comes from the Morning Glory Restaurant in Ashland, Oregon. It was published in the Oregonian newspaper in Portland, Oregon, in 2003. It makes up well at home. Remember to begin the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 591.47 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 1 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1To make pancakes: Combine the oatmeal and buttermilk in a medium bowl.
- 2Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3While griddle is preheating to medium, add eggs and butter to oatmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- 4Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Stir the sugars into the flour mixture.
- 6Add to the oatmeal mixture and mix to combine, but do not overmix.
- 7Make sure griddle is not too hot as it takes time for the oatmeal to cook.
- 8Lightly spray the griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Pour batter onto the griddle and cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- 10Turn pancakes and cook until done.
- 11Repeat with remaining batter.
- 12Serve with walnut butter.
- 13Excellent with blackbery compote or syrup.
- 14This batter keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
- 15After storing, you may need to thin it out with a little more buttermilk.
- 16To make walnut butter: The night before, combine the butter, sugars, and walnuts.
- 17Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to combine.
- 18Any leftover walnut butter may be frozen.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Pancakes With Walnut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1418.9
- Calories from Fat 824
- Total Fat 91.6 g
- Saturated Fat 48.8 g
- Cholesterol 406.7 mg
- Sodium 2280.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: