Family Favorite Oatmeal Pancakes
This recipe was from an old church cookbook and is a favorite breakfast treat in our family-kids and dad!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour milk over oats and let stand 2-5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, oil, then remaining ingredients.
- Mixture will be thin.
- Fry on hot griddle.
- Serve with honey butter (equal parts of honey and butter beaten until smooth), or favorite topping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Substituted half of the oil with applesauce and added a little more flour for a thicker consistency and pancake. Used lower heat when cooking than normal but they were perfect. Got a huge thumbs up from my pancake hubby connoisseur! He had some at a restaurant recently and I was trying to recreate them -- but these were even better. A recipe to keep!Reply
see 132 more