Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
These whole wheat, oatmeal, cinnamon pancakes still taste just as yummy as regular ole pancakes, but you can feel much better about eating them and they are much more filling! Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground hard wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, freshly ground (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sucanat or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 - 2 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended - do not overmix.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a lightly greased hot griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden.
- Serve with freshly cut strawberries if possible and warm maple syrup. Yum!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A nice change from our usual breakfast. The buttermilk certainly gives the pancakes a light texture and we found they went really well with the yoghurt and oranges. Next time I would increase the cinamon slightly. Maybe even double it. These were also tasty cold, as I took the left overs to work for lunch and ate them naked. The pancakes that is!! Made for PAC Fall 20121Reply