Recipe by AmyZoe
This makes a delicious pancake. I add a splash of vinegar to the milk to make buttermilk instead of buying it. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Old-Fashioned Cookbook.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't need to add more milk. The texture was perfect. It gave us 6 pancakes. Perfect for the 3 of us. The spread is so good on these pancakes. Thanks AmyZoe :) made for New Kids on the block tag game
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Peanut Butter Spread
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients except Peanut Butter Spread with hand beater until smooth.
- For thinner pancakes, stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons additional milk.
- Grease heated griddle if necessary.
- To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.
- Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until puffed and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with spread.
- For spread: Mix syrup and peanut butter until well blended.