Recipe by Krista Smith
This recipe was given to me by a friend and after making it the first time, it's gone directly to my favorites! These pancakes are hearty, have a bit of a nutty flavor and are VERY filling!! I think the next time I make it, I'm going to try putting some sliced bananas either on the top of the batter before turning or on top of the pancakes after they're done. Yum!!!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups 2% buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites or 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oatmeal and buttermilk and let stand for 2 minutes. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add dry to wet, stirring only until combined. Cook in a large skillet or electric skillet (mine was heated to between 350 and 400) coated with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side (bubbles will NOT form like regular pancakes).
- These can be refrigerated or frozen for later enjoyment!