1/5 Photos of Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
These are great and simple Rolls from Southern Living Magazine. I do not claim to be a baker at all, but if I can make these anyone can and I always get rave reviews. The dough can also be used for yummy cinnamon rolls as well.Update: At one point I changed the recipe to canola oil instead of butter and added half whole wheat. Then a friend of mine made it and she substituted applesauce for the butter and she said it turned out great. I made it tonight with the applesauce and she was spot on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in oats and butter.
- 2Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- 3Remove from heat; let cool to 110 degrees.
- 4Stir together yeast, ½ cup warm water, and 1 T.
- 5sugar in a 2-cup measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Beat oat mixture, yeast mixture, flour, salt, and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 7Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead till smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes) or knead in bread mixer with dough hook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 9Cover and let rise in warm place (85 degrees) free from drafts, 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- 10Punch down dough and divide in half; shape each portion into 8 balls. (Each pan will hold 8 rolls and you use 2 lightly greased round cake pans).
- 11Place evenly into 2 lightly greased round cake pans.
- 12Cover and let rise in warm place free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 13Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Makes 16 rolls.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 240.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g