I think it's the addition of the vanilla pudding mix that makes these so good!
Make and share this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (Crisco is best)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subsitutions please)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a bowl, beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, until creamy; gradually beat in sugars, beating well.
- Add in the 2 eggs; beat until blended, then mix in the pudding mix and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, and the next 4 ingredients.
- Gradually add to the butter/egg mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and oats.
- Shape the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between the balls.
- Press the balls to 1-inch thickness (the bottom of a glass works well for this).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks.