Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a terrific muffin! 8)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats, toasted lightly
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped &, toasted lightly
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° and line six 1/2-cup muffin cup tins.
- In bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl whisk egg, butter and milk; stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in oats, walnuts and the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin tins. Bake in the middle of oven 15-20 minutes or until tester come out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a rack. Let them cool slightly. They are best when eaten warm.
There is no flavor, not enough chocolate. This recipe is full of errors, it must be, it didn't turn out like muffin batter and there is like no taste at all. I even added 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract. and i wouldn't even feed them to the homeless, sorry! if i could have rated less than 1 i would have!