Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
From Clean Eating Magazine May/June 2009
Make and share this Oatmeal & Banana Pancakes With Pomegranate Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 sliced banana (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground to a course flour in food processor
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Whisk juice and honey together in saucepot.
- Bring mixture to boil over medium high heat, then drop the heat to medium.
- Simmer mixture and reduce it to syrup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let syrup cool before using.
- To make pancakes, add bananas, milk and vanilla to blender and puree until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together ground oats, rolled oats, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold banana puree into dry ingredients to a form a thick batter, taking care not to overwork it.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites into batter.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle coated wtih cooking spray over medium heat.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter for 5-inch pancakes onto griddle.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Serve with banana slices and a drizzle of pomegranate syrup.