Vino Girl's Note:
From Clean Eating Magazine May/June 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 sliced banana (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground to a course flour in food processor
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Whisk juice and honey together in saucepot.
- 2Bring mixture to boil over medium high heat, then drop the heat to medium.
- 3Simmer mixture and reduce it to syrup, about 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let syrup cool before using.
- 5To make pancakes, add bananas, milk and vanilla to blender and puree until smooth.
- 6In large mixing bowl, whisk together ground oats, rolled oats, flour, salt and baking powder.
- 7Fold banana puree into dry ingredients to a form a thick batter, taking care not to overwork it.
- 8Gently fold in the whipped egg whites into batter.
- 9Heat a large nonstick griddle coated wtih cooking spray over medium heat.
- 10Drop 1/4 cup batter for 5-inch pancakes onto griddle.
- 11Cook until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 12Serve with banana slices and a drizzle of pomegranate syrup.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal & Banana Pancakes With Pomegranate Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 223.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g