- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) packages extra firm tofu, drained
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine paprika, 1/2 t salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, lime juice and the spice mixture; cook, until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Slice each tofu block crosswise into 6 slices; pat dry. Use 3 T of the spiced oil to brush both sides of the tofu slices; sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the tofu until it is heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Combine yogurt with the remaining spiced oil in a small bowl and serve with the tofu.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a happily married mother of two and I own a jewelry and accessory business. My husband and I were vegan for six years, we now eat poultry and fish. My husband is a personal trainer and competitive bodybuilder, so it's very important that we eat healthy... too bad I have such a sweet-tooth!