Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy early morning breakfast
- 2 packages quick-cooking oatmeal (usually the cinnamon and spice or maple sugar flavors are best)
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches or 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- melted butter (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- Combine oatmeal and canned fruit (with juice) in small glass baking pan.
- You can top with nuts or melted butter bake as is.
- Bake for about ten minutes or until heated and oatmeal cooked.
Provisions are low here, but it's a snow day and we usually do something special for breakfast. I found 2 packets of maple brown sugar oatmeal (leftover from a recipe) in the back of the pantry. I added this is a 15 oz can of peaches in their own juice. Added 2 tbsp. of melted butter and 2 tbsp. of chopped pecans. Baked at 350 for 10 minutes (no temp is given). Topped with some fat free coolwhip (found in the back of the freezer) and it was a decadent breakfast.
Yum! Yum! Yum! So simple, yet so good! I enjoyed this very much...no butter or nuts for me, but the peaches gave the maple sugar (reduced sugar) a flavor that really helped to make it palatable. Thanks!